Monday, December 26, 2016

I Stand All Amazed

Merry Christmas!!! We had a WET Christmas over here in Missouri, but
it was so good! My heart is so full for the love of the members and
the love of the Savior. It was also so good to talk to my family! The
Lord really is in the details of our lives...my brother and I got to
skype my family at the same time so I got to see him as well! He truly
watches over us. I hope you all enjoyed your holiday and time with
family and friends.

This week we saw a lot of miracles! We went to the liberty jail with
Shannon and she absolutely loved it! Lily had to work so she couldn't
make it. But we met with them again on Friday at a member's home and
we had such an amazing lesson! They accepted a baptismal date of
January 21! It is so cool to watch them learn and grow...they just eat
up everything and absolutely love it. I love them so much! We saw them
again Christmas night and Brother Campbell and his boys were there.
Again, I just love their family and I know Heavenly Father is taking
good care of them.

For Christmas Eve and Christmas, the elders and us went around
caroling to less actives and recent converts. It was so much fun and
music definitely is the best way to feel the spirit quickly. Spending
Christmas on a mission is so cool to remember that I am a
representative of the person whose birth we celebrate and whose
mission and atonement I am so grateful for.

I can't believe that this is my last email as a missionary.. I have
been reflecting a lot on the last 18 months and the only thing that
comes to mind is the line "I stand all amazed". I have come to know
that Jesus Christ's sacrifice is real. Each and every day of my
mission, I have somehow felt the power of the atonement take effect in
my life and it has carried me through. Jesus Christ lives and He walks
with us every day.

I stand all amazed at the love He has for me. I have been much more
aware of my weaknesses and shortcomings as a missionary, but I have
never failed to feel the love my Savior and Heavenly Father have for
me. I have come to know on a very real and personal sense that They
know who I am and They love me. And because of these experiences, I
know that our Father in Heaven loves all of His children. His only
purpose is to help each and every one of us return to life with Him
again. He has given us everything we need, including a Savior, to make
it back.

My advice to anyone who is trying to know this truth for themselves is
to be obedient to the commandments. Read your scriptures everyday and
pray to your Father in heaven. The simple things are how the Lord
works. I've learned that. Every time I wonder how I can improve or
qualify more for the spirit, I'm always reminded to spend more time in
my scriptures and on my knees. I know He hears our prayers and will
answer them.

I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's
kingdom on the earth. Jesus Christ is the only way back to our Father.
I have been able to see people's lives change because of the gospel of
Jesus Christ and I can't deny the power that it has. God is so good to
us and blesses us for every effort we make to come closer to Him.

Being a representative of Jesus Christ has been the greatest blessing
I could ever ask for. I will forever be grateful for my mission and
the lessons I've learned and the people I've met. But more than
anything, I'm grateful for my relationship with Jesus Christ that has
increased. I've come to know Him better as I've experienced just a
little bit of what He did. I know that He lives.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I truly stand all
amazed at the many, many blessings that I have in my life. I love you
all!!!!

          
We got to go to the Visitor's Center with Adrath and Sister Cashin this week!  Adrath always makes us laugh, that's for sure!  I love her so much!


The Bennett Family-one of the families we went caroling to!  Love this family so much!

The Burley/Campbell Family!  I am standing in between Shannon and Lily.  We caroled to them too!  They're such a fun family and I love them!

One of the things I'm going to miss most...the Missouri skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment