Sunday, January 8, 2017

Returned Missionary

It is weird being termed an "RM" now. I feel like my mission just begun and now it's over. But, words can't express how grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of us and who knows us each individually.
On December 30, I flew home to Boise, Idaho and I was welcomed by family and friends. Love filled my heart as I was reunited with some of the people that I love most. But, there was also something missing, because I love the people in Missouri and Kansas just as much and they weren't there with me. And that was hard for me to overcome. On the other hand, I love my Savior most, and I know that He was with me and that He was with those I love back in the Midwest when I could no longer be with them.
Returning home was a glorious reunion though. I missed my family so much while I was gone and being in their arms again was so good. It made me think about the glorious reunion we will have with our Heavenly Father one day...that we will hug Him and catch up and laugh and cry and be filled with love. I know that just as I missed my family while I was gone, my spirit misses my Father in Heaven and that day when I get to see Him again is a day that I look forward to.
Adjusting back to normal life is weird, but I am grateful for the things that I learned on my mission. I truly know that when we put God first in our lives, everything works out. He is our Father and He will bless us as we follow Him. It takes a lot of faith and diligence to keep trying, especially when we mess up, but I know that each and every day is an opportunity for us to try harder to be like our Savior. And when we take those opportunities, we grow and come closer to Him.
I am so grateful for my mission. It has given me the faith I need to continue to do the things that are right and to not give up. It has provided a foundation for what I want to do and who I want to become. Serving taught me that Christ is the only way and there is no other way back home or to find happiness.
I love my Savior. I know that He lives. I am grateful for Him and His love for us and that He never gives up on us. I have come closer to Him through serving His children and I look forward to continually learning and growing throughout my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment