Monday, December 12, 2016

18 Months!

Hi friends and family! Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday
season and enjoying the #LIGHTtheWORLD initiative! It's definitely
helping me understand the true nature of Jesus Christ and how we can
do the littlest things to become like Him. It's also helping me focus
on putting off my pride and really focusing on others. I'm not perfect
at it, but I'm definitely trying!

This week was an emotional roller coaster for me, but it was a very
good week. I think one of the hardest parts of the week was on
Saturday, I realized that I hit my 18 month mark on my mission...and I
realized that it is quickly coming to an end. 18 months ago, I
embarked on a journey that I knew would change my life, but I didn't
know what to expect.

These 18 months have taught me so much, but I've learned so much about
myself. Just like Ether 12:27 says, when we come unto Him, He shows us
our weaknesses. As I've come closer to Him on my mission, I've
realized truly how many weaknesses I have. But I've been humbled to
know that these weaknesses are given to me to help build the kingdom
of God and if I rely on His Atonement and His grace, I can overcome
them.

Some of the highlights of the week include MLC and zone training! It
was bittersweet because they were my last ones...which means I had to
bear my departing testimony. But I was able to learn so much. I
learned so much about the Holy Ghost and how special of a gift it is
that we have a member of the godhead with us always. It encourages me
to remain worthy and obedient so I can have his influence and guidance
because I know without it, I am nothing.

We found 3 new investigators this week!!! They were all former
investigators. But we saw some miracles! On Tuesday, Sister Flahrety
and I (we were on exchanges, but I forgot to take a picture) felt
inspired to stop by a lady named Laura Means. She met with the sisters
earlier this year but hasn't been getting back to us. We stopped by
and she opened her door and her grandma had just passed away that
morning and she knew God told us to see her. It was amazing to see how
Heavenly Father uses us to bless the lives of others.

We also finally saw Shannon and Lily again!!! We saw them Friday night
and Shannon said "we are on lesson 3 right?" And so we taught lesson 3
and it was so good. They both said they would be baptized when they
knew it was true! Saturday night we went over again and Shannon, Lily,
Zoe, Brother Campbell, and his 3 sons were all there. It was so fun!
Brother Campbell is a less active that is dating Shannon and he shared
his favorite general conference quote with us all and Shannon is so
into it! Then, yesterday they ALL came to stake conference! It was
amazing! We taught Shannon and Lily again last night and they're
definitely going to be baptized one day!

Tender mercy of the week...I found out that Michelle, who I taught at
the beginning of my mission, was baptized last month! It is so true
that we plant seeds and to know that one of those seeds blossomed is
so cool!

Well, I hope you all are enjoying your Christmas season and continue
to reach out and love and serve those around you. I know that is what
Christ's invitation to all of us is. He is our perfect example of
that.

Sister Moss

            
It's getting really cold outside...


Got to see Jaleh at church yesterday!  She was in the Shawnee mission YSA and she came to the Liberty YSA!

No comments:

Post a Comment