Monday, September 5, 2016

My Heart is Full

Happy Labor Day! I hope y'all are enjoying your day off! This week was
kind of a crazy one. Pretty much everything that we didn't plan for
happened! But we saw some awesome things happen in both of our areas!

In the YSA, we have a recent concert named Aremondo and he blessed the
sacrament for the first time on Sunday! He is so awesome and it's
really exciting to see new members being able to use their priesthood
and experience the blessings that come from that.

We met with Lexi and her friend Katelynn and Lexi chose a baptism
date! She is on date for October 8! She has a lot of faith to start
living the commandments so we are praying things will work out for her
to be able to do so. And her friend Katelynn is now interested! She
came to church with Lexi and sat in on previous lessons but her heart
has been softened!

We have been placed in the right place at the right time so many times
this week and have been able to find a lot of people prepared to hear
the message of the restored gospel. Exciting things are happening
here! We also went on exchanges and I went to Cameron with Sister
Sargent. It was a really cool exchange and I was reminded that the
spirit is the real teacher. I didn't know any of their investigators
but as we followed the spirit we were able to give them exactly what
they needed.

I really wanted to share what's been on my mind this past week. I have
really thought about everything I have learned on my mission and the
change that I've been able to experience. And I have come to know that
the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. His doctrine is the way for us
to access the power of the Atonement. As we exercise faith, repent,
keep and renew our covenants, follow the Holy Ghost, and endure to the
end, the atonement is able to come into our hearts and completely
change us. For me, the most important part is repentance. I have
gained such a strong testimony of repentance and truly humbling
ourselves and calling on the Lord to cleanse us. I love my Savior so
much. I am so grateful for Him and that He is always ready to help me
and change me. I have gained so much peace and happiness as I've
aligned my will with His and devoted myself to Him. I am so grateful
for my mission and all the wonderful things it's taught me so far. But
most importantly, I am grateful that my mission has brought me closer
to my Savior.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Thanks for all your
support, emails, and prayers!

                 
Most awkward district picture I've ever taken.  Obviously Sister Day and I should be models for the missionary department though.  :)


One of the prettiest places I've seen so far!  Farley, Missouri....population 200

Exchanges with Sister Sargent

The YSA meets right by the temple so we had to take a temple selfie  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment