Monday, April 25, 2016

Aloha from Kansas!


Aloha! Kakahiaka! Manaolana maikai mai nei ke ola! Maikai no ke ola o
ka mikionali :) (Good morning! I hope life is going good! Life as a
missionary is great!) Transfers happened and I am still in the
Overland Park 2nd ward and I am serving with Sister Santiago! She was
in the MTC with me! So it's super fun that we came out here together!
She is from Oahu, hence the Hawaiian at the beginning! She is teaching
me :) she is amazing and I already love being her companion! I have
such good feelings for this transfer and this companionship!

This week was pretty crazy- trying to get around and have Sister
Fuhriman do the art project and say bye to people with no car. But we
did it! The art project is coming along and it's super pretty. I'm so
excited for the finished product! And we got to visit lots of members
as well. The Foster's moved back to Utah which was really sad :(

Sister Santiago and I went through our area book and dropped a lot of
people who we felt weren't progressing and ready at this point. We
kind of are starting over. But we both have so much faith and we both
want to work super hard so I feel like we really are going to see
miracles! To start the blessing off, we asked Brother Giroux for a
blessing and it was the most powerful blessing I have ever received.
Both Sister Santiago and I were told very very specific things, which
made us even more excited for this transfer. My testimony of the
priesthood was strengthened.

We finished Jacob's lessons on Thursday! He just has his interview
this week for his baptism on Saturday! So that will be so exciting!
And he has been reading the Book of Mormon, which is incredible for a
9 year old! I'm so excited for him and for this weekend. It'll be a
good one for sure!

We saw Kangnivi and had a really cool experience. Sister Santiago and
I had planned to teach the plan of salvation to him, but when we first
got in and sat down, Kangnivi said he didn't feel ready to be baptized
on May 7. At first we were so sad and asked why and he said that he
feels like he needs to make a greater effort to do the spiritual
things so he can spiritually grow. He feels like he has been lacking
because of how busy he has been with work. So it was super cool that
he recognized that! The spirit told me, and apparently told Sister
Santiago, that we shouldn't teach the plan of salvation. Sister
Santiago started talking about putting God first and making the
sacrifices needed and the video came to mind from Elder Christofferson
about daily bread and the pattern of reading and praying daily. We
focused on that and it was exactly what he needed to hear. He is
shooting for May 28 for baptism. I am so grateful for the spirit.

Courtnie is back!!! We saw her and she has had some pretty crazy
things happen in the past 5 weeks, but she said she has been praying
everyday! And she has been cutting back on smoking! It was so good to
see her again! And we are continually meeting with her!

A new Mormon message was released and it has to be one of my
favorites! It's called A Shower of Heavenly Blessings. If you haven't
seen it, watch it!!! It is so good! I love the analogy- that our
Heavenly Father is always raining down blessings on us. Rain typically
is depicted as gloomy and sad but the thought that just like rain,
there are always blessings pouring upon us from heaven, which makes me
so happy! And I've really been trying to notice the times when I put
my "umbrella" up so I can change and more fully accept those blessing
in my life. Heavenly Father is so good to us. I am seeing more and
more blessings in my life as I continue to open my eyes and take the
umbrella down :) I know that He loves us!


Lenexa Zone before transfers

Saying goodbye to Sister Fuhriman at transfers

Kou pakana ui loa, Sis. Santiago (my beautiful Hawaiian companion, Sister Santiago)



No comments:

Post a Comment