Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I Love to See the Temple!

Happy TUESDAY! :) We changed our pday to today so we could go to the
temple! It was so incredible. I haven't been to do a session since
July, so I have definitely missed feeling the special spirit there. I
love going to the temple and sitting in the celestial room and feeling
close to Heavenly Father. I reflected on this past conference and how
big of a focus the temple was. I remembered Elder Cook's invitation to
read D&C section 109, and while I was waiting for the session I
studied it. I love verse 22 "And we ask thee, Holy Father, that thy
servants may go forth from this house armed with thy power, and that
thy name may be upon them, and thy glory be round about them, and
thine angels have charge over them." I know these promises are true as
I experience them every time I go to the temple! Satan tried keeping
me from going today, but thank goodness Heavenly Father always wins!

Sunday I celebrated my 10 month mark! (And my half birthday!) I was
really thinking about the things I've learned in the past 10 months
and I think one of the greatest lessons I've learned is that of
consecration. Devoting everything to the Lord and seeing Him work
miracles with it. I wish time would slow down!

This week was pretty good! We saw some really awesome miracles! Kanivi
is our biggest miracle! He came to a baptism and loved it and can't
wait to get baptized! He is diligently reading the Book of Mormon and
he came to church!

We got a referral for a man named Wes, who was a member but was a lost
sheep. So we went to see him and there was a guy on the front steps
reading and we assumed it was him. After we prayed, we walked up to
him and asked if he was Wes and he said 'no, I'm Craig'. He then told
us that his first experience with Jesus Christ was with our church!
When he was 7, he attended with his friend's family and he bore his
testimony once in church and he felt the spirit and knew the church
was true! But then his mom raised him Roman Catholic. Then he
proceeded to tell us that just that morning he was thinking about that
experience just that morning and he couldn't believe we came to meet
him that same day! The Lord wanted us to meet Craig that day :) He
dropped us after he came to church though.. He feels like we are
telling him to deny what he believes to join our church. I truly
believe he just needs more time to be prepared by Heavenly Father :)

We had zone training this week again! It was super revelatory for me.
I noticed a theme of desire and goal setting. This is something I have
been struggling with. Inside, I have so much that I want to change and
improve on but I have no idea where to begin. But I got excited
throughout zone training to become better at setting goals and working
on one at a time and reflecting on how I've grown. I am praying to
know where to start and I know this is going to help me progress more
than anything else.

Jacob came to church!! His mom cut his hair and we didn't even
recognize him! But he sat reverently throughout sacrament which was so
good. When we saw him this past week, we read out of the Book of
Mormon and for a 9 year old, he understands it so well! He loves
learning about Jesus Christ and I am so excited for him to get
baptized!

A lot of our investigators have fallen off the face of the earth... We
are just praying that Heavenly Father is protecting them and still
preparing their hearts. I know there are people out here ready for the
gospel! I love being a representative of Jesus Christ and I love
serving Heavenly Father's children! Have a great week!


The Kansas City temple with the Scott's!  (Please excuse how sick and tired I look...I was up all night throwing up,  but wasn't going to let anything stop me from going to the temple!)

Pretty spring flowers!

Zone selfie!

After our lesson with Kanivi!  Seairra and James from the YSA tagged along with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment