Monday, January 4, 2016

2016!!!!!

HOW IS IT ALREADY 2016?!? I can't believe that 2015 is already gone!!
And it's sad to think I go home in 2016 :( I want to be a missionary
forever!!! I hope everyone had a great New Year's though! I know this
year for me has already started on such an awesome note!

Austin!!!! I could just talk about him forever!!! We met with him last
Monday night and he said he had a really good feeling about coming to
church on Sunday, but he had work. So he called his boss and told him
that he would be late to work. Let me remind you, he works for the
Chiefs security, and it was the game against the Raiders yesterday, so
the fact that he called his boss and TOLD HIM that he would be late
shows so much faith!!!! He came to sacrament meeting and loved fast
and testimony meeting! He also texted us on Thursday and asked if he
could be baptized the 8th. !!!!!! SO EXCITING! So this Friday is his
baptism and we are so excited! And Austin is already an incredible
missionary, he said a lot of his coworkers will be at the baptism and
will probably want to meet with us! HOW COOL! I pray I stay in Raytown
one more transfer :)

We went on exchanged on Saturday! I went with Sister Crockett in
Kansas City! Wow, Kansas City is totally different than Independence
and Raytown. It is scary in some places especially at night. There are
areas where sisters aren't even allowed. We had a really interesting
experience though! Apparently Kansas City is one of the most violent
cities in the nation! We were contacting a referral named Zelma. She
is SO sweet. We sat down and just wanted to show her A Savior is Born,
but her husband has other plans haha. My first real bible bashing
experience! He went on for about 40 minutes on why Mormons are wrong
and why the Book of Mormon isn't true. Sister Crockett and I just sat
there the whole time. We couldn't even say anything if we tried. It
was a very interesting experience. We left and said a prayer and just
couldn't believe what just happened...

 I love Patrick!! I realize I don't talk about him enough in my
emails. We go visit him usually about once a week. He is just so
lonely and we like to give him some company and read the Book of
Mormon with him. He went to the temple for the first time and he loved
it! The ward is getting more involved with him so he has more
visitors. I laugh every time I am with him! I am always reminded how
much Heavenly Father loves us and that He wants us to have fun and be
happy in this life. Patrick has taught me so much about hope. He
always talks about how he is excited for heaven because he will be
able to run and he will be reunited with all of the missionaries :)

We had probably the most inspired lesson I have taught on my mission
so far this past week! A member of our bishopric asked us to go see
this less active couple. We were praying what to share with them and
we felt like we should watch President Uchtdorf's talk "it works
wonderfully". They were crying and they felt the spirit so strongly
and really opened up to us. They told us things they've never told
anyone before! They are having us over for dinner this weed so that'll
be way awesome to see them again. The spirit is so awesome, I know the
spirit can guide us if we just listen!

I have a lot of hope for 2016! One of my goals for this year is to be
in the Book of Mormon every single day. One thing I have learned time
and time again on my mission is how powerful the Book of Mormon is. It
literally changes people's lives. And he more diligently you study it,
the more converted you become to this gospel. I know that for a fact!
I have seen it play a role in my convert's lives and in my own. I know
that this church is the Lord's kingdom upon the earth!

One of my favorite verses in the Book of Mormon is Jacob 3:1-2. I know
that if we are pure in heart and truly follow Him that He will fulfill
all of the promises He has given us and we will feel His love FOREVER!
I have felt His love surround me countless times. And just like Jacob
says later, I cannot be shaken.

I love you all so much!!!



Visiting Patrick!  Doris came along too!  :)

Biggest tender mercy of the week... I GOT TO SEE SISTER BAGGETT!!  (mid hug picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment