Thursday, November 5, 2015

Change!

It's been SO long! I have so much to talk about!! I want to start with
a crazy story about Kansas City. So I'm sure most of you know that the
Royals won the World Series for the first time since 1985!!! It's very
exciting especially for the people who live here, since everyone is
die hard fans. So on Tuesday there was a huge celebration and parade
downtown for the win and THEY SHUT DOWN ALL OF THE SCHOOLS IN THE
AREA! Who does that?! There were 800,000 people downtown for the
celebration!

Now to missionary work :) I got transferred!! I'm still serving in the
visitors center, which is so awesome, but I am now serving in the
Raytown ward! It covers parts of Independence, Raytown, and Kansas
City. The Royals AND Chiefs stadiums are in my area so there will be
pictures in the future :) also, President and Sister Vest are in my
ward! I was sad to leave 1st ward, but I know that I am needed in
Raytown. I also got a new companion! Her name is Sister Wilkey! It's
awesome because I already knew her from the visitors center and now
I'm serving with her. She's from Logan and we are super similar so
that's so awesome! We have lots in common and I am so pumped for this
transfer! We have similar goals and I just have a really really good
feeling about this transfer.

First I got to update you on my last few days in 1st ward! Remember
Kevin? Yeah he's awesome. And we taught him last Monday and last
Wednesday and guess what.. His girlfriend, Erin also joined! She wants
to learn too! How awesome!!! They are super prepared people and it was
super hard saying bye to them.

Last Wednesday, 1st ward had a Halloween party and I was so grateful
for it because I got to go to say bye to everyone for my last night in
the area! Randy was there, Mary was there, Vicky and her whole family
was there. It was so hard to say bye to everyone though! I'll send
some pictures :)

This week has been kind of hard. Being transferred is a very humbling
experience. I hate not being able to help and that I don't know
everyone. But I am so excited to serve here! The ward is very very
different than 1st ward but it's so great. I'm excited to do work!

We found a new investigator this week named Rodrigo. He has LOTS of
questions. He hasn't said a prayer in almost 30 years. He keeps saying
that he knows something is missing from his life though. And I know
it's the gospel that he is missing! We taught him the restoration
yesterday, and he said he would call us if he wants to continue to
meet. I am praying he does! I pray that he will feel something when he
reads the Book of Mormon.

We are also working with someone named Jessica Jordan and she is so
sweet!!! She is ready to be baptized soon! I've only met her once
because she is super busy with work but I love her! Her husband is a
returning member too so we have been working with him too. Brother
Jordan was at church on Sunday and he is getting a calling!!

I love you all so much!


Sister Moss

The Visitor Center sisters dressing up as Disney princesses for Halloween!
From top left:  Elsa, Rapunzel, Mulan, Meg, Wendy, Sleeping Beauty, Anna, the Three Fairies, Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell, Jasmine, Snow White (my new companion), Pocahontas, Cinderella, Jessie, Ariel, and Belle!

Erin, Kevin and Dennis...
Definitely a sad goodbye!

Vicky's family...love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment