Monday, May 9, 2016

For Want of a Nail

Hello friends and family! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's
Day! This week was amazing, full of miracles! It's so cool to see the
blessings of missionary work! A definite highlight was skyping my
family! I am so grateful for families and my love for my family has
definitely deepened since I have been on my mission. It was so so so
good to talk to them.

The greatest miracle of the week: We met a man named Justin on Monday.
We were talking to his neighbor and he came out and walked down the
stairs and then he came back up to ask us who we were...he told us he
just felt like he needed to meet us. We told him who we were and
started talking about Joseph Smith and shared the first vision with
him. Sister Santiago got emotional and Justin stopped us and said "I
can see it in you and this is real, y'all aren't faking it." The
spirit was so strong! He said he was super ready for this and Sister
Santiago and I didn't even know what to say! I know that moment was
supposed to happen! We set a return appointment and we went back
Friday and his friend, Joe was with him! Joe sat in on the lesson and
they both totally opened up to us. We showed the hope of gods light
video and it was so personal to them...they could relate so well. We
talked about a bunch of different things but I felt like Heavenly
Father truly prepared them and I was overcome with love. We invited
them to be baptized...They both committed to baptism on June 11!

Joe, Leia and Justin


The very next day, we went to the Liberty jail with them! They said
they were not expecting a spiritual experience at all, but they got
one! They loved it and were able to relate so much of what Joseph
Smith went through to themselves. They didn't make it to church but we
are praying so hard they progress!

We had a lesson with the Barton family and Nathalie said she wanted to
get baptized! We asked for May 28, and she said she can't that weekend
so she was looking into June and then said "that's too far away, can
we do the 14?" So Nathalie is getting baptized THIS SATURDAY if all
goes well!

We are continuing to see miracles and I am realizing that it's a
miracle just to be on a mission and representing the Savior. It is
just a wonderful calling and I am humbled that I get to wear His name
on my chest everyday. Time goes fast, but I'm grateful for this time
in my life.

We had zone training on Friday and this poem was shared and I wanted
to share it with everyone. It's called For Want of a Nail.
For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

I know that obedience to the little things matter. It is the little
things that help us to keep the spirit with us as our companion. I am
grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who wants to bless us! And He
has given us commandments so that He can bless us! I am so grateful
for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you all, have a wonderful week!


Only white sister in the zone :)

Zone training

No comments:

Post a Comment