Monday, February 1, 2016

Grateful for the Spirit!

Hello friends and family! This week has been so wonderful! Heavenly
Father has really blessed us so much! It's so awesome being His hand
in this work. I am so grateful to be a missionary!

The Mojica's are doing so awesome! They all came to stake conference,
and Leia went to the adult session by herself! They're the best! They
committed to reading the Book of Mormon every night as a family. I
know that this will help the girls' progression as well. Gigi also has
been so blessed! She was offered a job as soon as she got here! She is
so diligent in reading and she is seeing the blessings from it. We had
FHE with them last Monday night and we watched the Joseph Smith movie
and then we played the stick pull game. It was so much fun :) and they
all seemed to develop different parts of their testimonies.

Courtney has been struggling. We met with her a lot this week. We are
trying to help her stay on the path through her trials. Her life is
like a sad movie, but real life! It makes me so sad and I just want to
fix it! She wants the gospel so badly. And I know it'll bless her
life! We haven't been able to get a hold of her lately, but we are
praying we will find her.

Daniel is Courtney's brother in law and he was baptized 4 years ago.
He is in the YSA and he is so awesome! We have felt really prompted to
visit with him lots lately we have have kept daily contact with him
and have studied with him. He's so great, he wants to learn so much! I
am so grateful for the people who Heavenly Father wants us as
missionaries to meet.

Ashley Demaree wants to get baptized! She is the one who Daniel
brought to church last week. She needs to quit smoking, but she wants
to be baptized! She came to stake conference too and liked it a lot!

I really learned how to follow the spirit so much! I had two
experiences that really helped. Saturday night, we were walking into a
less active's apartment and this guy walked in behind us to go to his
apartment across the hall and I felt like we needed to talk to him,
but the less active answered and we went inside. The whole time I
couldn't stop thinking about going to see that man. So after the
lesson, we knocked on the door across the hall and a 13 year old boy
answered and he was so sweet! We talked for a bit and told us he
wished he went to church more often. We gave him a lesson one pamphlet
and he told us we could come back and he would translate for his mom
(she only speaks Spanish)! And then last night, we tried a potential
and it was a mom and her two kids. The mom wasn't at all interested
but the spirit kept telling me that Stanley (her son) needed the Book
of Mormon. But I was so scared because the mom wasn't interested and I
didn't want her to get mad if I offered it to her son, but the spirit
won and I asked Stanley if he would want to read the Book of Mormon.
And his face lit up and he was so happy and said yes! Those two
experiences helped me know that I am able to follow promptings and I
am doing what the Lord wants me to do :) I'm so grateful for the
spirit!

I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for all of your prayers and support!

We had a service project last week and we did decorations for a prom at a senior center!

This is what we do when we do service!  :)

One of Courtney's cute daughters, Mariah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment