Monday, October 12, 2015

4 Months AND 20 Years old!

Hello family and friends! Saturday was a crazy day...4 months in the
mission and I turned 20!! I couldn't think of a better place to spend
my birthday! I am so grateful to be where I am and to be serving
Heavenly Father's children!

This past week, we tried to find some new people to teach and we ended
up finding 3 new investigators! The first lady's name is Naomi. Her
husband is a member but she has never gotten baptized. We stopped by
to visit them and see how they were doing and she told us she has been
reading the Book of Mormon but doesn't understand it very well. So we
were like well we can help you! We are going to her home tonight and I
am so excited!

We also started teaching a mom and a daughter named Genie and Jen.
They are trying to quit smoking and we told them we can definitely
help with that :) we taught them about the restoration and gave them
copies of the Book of Mormon to read. They also asked for one for
their niece because she seemed interested too! This was also my first
lesson I've given standing on a front porch :)

We saw Dennis this week!!! Dennis has been super super busy with work
so it's been a while since we have seen him, but it was so awesome to
meet with him again! He is really trying so hard to live the gospel
and it's so awesome to see that it is so important to him.

We also saw John this week, too! I know I've said this before, but
John always amazes me with his faith. No matter what, he knows that
his decision to be baptized was the right decision and I know that he
will always be blessed for that decision. His wife, Brea made me a
gluten free birthday cake too! It was such a sweet surprise!

On Friday we had zone training which was AMAZING. We have awesome zone
leaders. Our zone is setting some high goals for ourselves and I am
really excited to work together as a zone and with the Lord to
bringing miracles to pass here in Independence! We really have been
focusing on talking to everyone a lot. Really talking to EVERYONE.
This might be my favorite part of missionary work because everyone has
a story and everyone is so different and I love meeting new people!
And I know Heavenly Father is preparing people so as I do talk to
everyone I'll eventually find them :)

My birthday was so special. That was the day we met Genie and Jen! We
were led to them for sure. A senior couple here took us out to lunch!
Elder and Sister Seaman :) It was Sister Seaman's birthday too! And
then a couple people from our ward got me some ice cream too. I was
definitely taken care of :)

I want you all to know that I am SO happy! I am experiencing miracles
every single day and I love being His servant. I love you all so much
and hope you have a wonderful week!

20 years old!!!


My birthday twin,  Sister Seaman

20 YEARS OLD!!!

My birthday package!

No comments:

Post a Comment