Thursday, August 27, 2015

HOLA Famila y Amigos!


Hola! So first story of the week... An hermana that is serving here got a referral for a Spanish lady in my ward, but since there is no Spanish missionaries in our ward, she is going to teach her. But I will be going with her! So I am now trying to learn a little bit of Spanish! Crazy cool right? Dad would be proud :) but I'll let you know how that goes! So super exciting! 

Dennis got baptized on Saturday! It was so awesome to see his huge smile when he came up out of the water! Dennis taught me how incredible the power of the Book of Mormon is. He read it non-stop and finished it and has started again. It's incredible to see his progress and I know it's because of his devoted reading. The Book of Mormon has so much power! It reminds me of a quote from President Hinckley. “Without reservation I promise you that if each of you will observe this simple program, regardless of how many times you previously may have read the Book of Mormon, there will come into your lives and into your homes an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God." Dennis is proof of this!! I love being able to see people completely change their lives to be in line with God's commandments. 

We met with John again this past week and I am so impressed with his desire to do what is right. He wants to go to the temple SO BADLY! We are helping him get some names ready for the temple so we can go with him. I can't wait! He got the priesthood this week and has already been going out with the elders to lessons and what not. John seriously is going to be a leader in the church! 

We are working with a less active lady right now named Mary. We met with her on Saturday and we sat down and she was like "I want to get a temple recommend." We were like OKAY!! Haha obviously we were so happy she said that! I'm excited to start helping her reach this goal!! 

We haven't had as much time as usual because we are still in the process of entering our area books in our iPads which takes up so much time. But it is going to be so nice once all the stuff is entered! But I'm excited for tonight because we are going to contact a whole list of people our bishop asked us to see. It should be a fun experience for sure! 

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your support. I hope you're all having a wonderful week! Happy back to school :) 

Sister Moss


Oh yeah, ALSO!  I was talking to a senior couple about BYU's football schedule and I have it written down so I know what days to wear my navy blue!  :)  I gotta support my Cougs from all the way over here in Missouri!  And when BYU plays Missouri they are doing a fireside the night before at the church my ward meets at!  So I am literally praying that I stay here until November so I can bring an investigator to go!  I may be a missionary, but I still love my BYU sports!

Sister Moss


Dennis' baptism
                                                                 


District lunch after district meeting!


                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment