Thursday, August 20, 2015

Dearest Children, God Is Near You

This week was definitely a crazy week...I got really sick so I wasn't
able to do a whole lot. Sunday, I was laying down in bed and was really
upset because being sick as a missionary is the worst! I just want to
go out and do everything I'm supposed to, but I had to stay in to
rest, and I was SO frustrated and confused why I had to get sick when
we were the busiest in our area. Plus I was in so much pain and I just
broke down to my Father in Heaven. The hymn Dearest Children, God Is
Near You came to my head and I sang it over and over and I knew that
He was still with me and He knows the desires of my hearts. I love
hymns!!! Unfortunately, Monday night, while on exchanges, we had a
little adventure, and I spent the night at the emergency room.
Everything is fine and I'm doing a lot better!

Another part of the craziness this week has been that our mission is
entering all of our area books onto our iPads. If you've seen an area
book, you can understand how long this takes... We have to spend two
hours a day just entering people's information on our iPads. It's
super time consuming, but once we have the area books on our iPads
it's going to be SO nice.

We did get a new investigator this week though! Her name is Christina.
And she is so prepared for the gospel. She recently moved here from
Mexico and she lives here with her 5 year old daughter. She was
telling us about her life and I seriously just wanted to cry and take
away her past from her. Pretty much everything you could think of that
can happen to someone has happened to her. I've been so humbled out
here, realizing how much I take for granted in my life. She kept
saying that all the stuff her siblings have gotten into have never
appealed to her before though, and I just kept thinking how prepared
she is. We taught her the plan of salvation and she has a lot of
questions about why people have to go through hard things, but we are
just trying to build her faith back up little by little. She's awesome
and we love her already!

John is still so awesome! He wants to go out on team ups with the
missionaries already! How cool is that? And he went with the elders to
give a woman in our ward a blessing. He's seriously so awesome! I
can't wait to see how amazing of a home teacher he will be!

DENNIS GETS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!! We are so excited for him! Dennis
almost left this week because he had a job come up in Wisconsin, but
he turned his job down just so he could stay to be baptized! He's the
coolest! He has been so excited to get baptized ever since I met hi,
and now he can! Dennis is living proof of the power of the Book of
Mormon. That book changes people!

We taught Joyce again and she is still so solid on her baptism date
for the 12th. Joyce is an incredible woman with lots of faith. She
accepts everything we teach so easily! We asked her to repent and she
said "well I already do that everyday but I'll keep doing it!" We are
so blessed here in Independence with amazing people to teach. God
trusts us so much to let us work with His children.

I'm so grateful to be here and to be serving the Lord. Nothing makes
me happier! I love you all, have a great week!

Do you really go to the emergency room if you don't take a selfie?
(This was about 4 AM,  please excuse the nastiness in this picture lol)
A little overnight visit to the emergency room- Aug. 18, 2015
                               

Mallory is training a "brand new" sister missionary, Sister Day.  Mallory is still "new" herself.
A trainer at 6 weeks.
           

Sister Day, Sister Moss and Sister Christiansen



No comments:

Post a Comment