Monday, November 21, 2016

THE FINAL TRANSFER!

First of all, sorry this is coming out a day late! We went to the
temple today! And it was something I definitely needed today! I LOVE
the temple. Something I understood more deeply today is the role of
our savior as our mediator. He is the only way! I love learning new
things at the temple.

I stayed in Platte City for my last transfer! And the craziest thing
of them all...Sister Day is still my companion! This is our FIFTH
transfer together! Who knew that my daughter would kill me?! I am so
happy to be ending my mission in Platte City, though!

I was reading in Moroni chapter 8 this week and verse 3 says " I am
mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the
Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his
infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of
faith on his name to the end." I immediately thought of all of you and
I am so grateful for all of your prayers. I definitely feel
strengthened because of the support I have from loving family and
friends.

This week was another one for the books! Adrath Thomason got baptized!
It was such a good day and her smile said it all! She bore her
testimony the next day at President's Devotional and she ended by
saying, "It felt good. Amen." She is so awesome haha.

We had more lessons with Kimi and she is SO AWESOME. She is what you
would call a golden investigator. She writes down her "homework"
assignments we give her in her notebook and she comes back with
questions from the things she read. She usually reads the chapter 3
times so she can understand everything.

We had a lesson with her and a guy named Timothy from the YSA. He just
got back from his mission about a month ago and his family just moved
to Platte City. It was so cool to see Kimi so interested in learning
more about the truth. She asked Timothy so many questions about the
priesthood and it made me so excited how exciting she found
everything! The gospel is so amazing!

I was studying in Mosiah 2 this week (King Benjamin's sermon are some
of my favorite chapters of the Book of Mormon! A line really stood out
to me this time that I never noticed before. In verse 34 it says, "ye
are eternally indebted to your heavenly Father, to render to him all
that you have and are." The Holy Ghost taught me that who we become is
the greatest gift of thanks we could give to our Heavenly Father. We
will forever be indebted to Him for all He gives us, but if we
remember that who we are on the day of judgment is our gift to Him,
then we will want to become better and more like our Savior.

I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses me way more
than I deserve. I feel like this lesson sums up the past 17 months of
my life... I am learning who I want to be when I stand before my judge
one day. And I know it's only by allowing the atonement to enter into
my heart and change me that I can become that person. But I will put
forth any effort it takes, because I want to thank my Heavenly Father
for all He has given me by giving Him myself.

Happy thanksgiving!!!


         
Windy day at the temple!

We love the Edwards!

Sister Baggett, my BFF completed her mission.  Thank goodness I'll see her soon!

Adrath got baptized!!!  Look at that happy face :)

This is Jacob Squire...he was my brother's zone leader in Italy!  He just came home and lives in Overland Park.  Him and his mom took us to dinner.  Small World!

No comments:

Post a Comment