Thursday, March 12, 2015

CALLED TO SERVE

Yesterday, March 11, I opened my mission call to be a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Honestly, the most exciting and spiritual day thus far in my life. I have never been so excited about something in my life before!
All day I was shaking of anxiety, just wanting to know what was inside that white envelope! My life for 18 months was in there, and I wanted to know! It was so hard to be so patient.
At 5:00, friends and family gathered around me as I opened my call. I opened the letter and read:
"Dear Sister Moss,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Missouri Independence Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language."
When I read Missouri Independence, I felt such a calming overwhelming feeling and I knew that it was the Spirit testifying to me that I am needed here and the people are ready for me to bring the gospel to them.
I am so excited to share the message of the gospel. It has brought nothing but happiness and blessings into my life and I can't wait to share it with the people of Missouri. I have been given so much in life I know that it is such a great opportunity to give back to Him who gives me everything. I am also grateful to have had a confirmation that a mission is what I am supposed to do right now. It is comforting to know that He really does have a plan for us and that His timing is always right.
I have never been to Missouri, but the more I look it up and talk to people, the more excited I get! I'm especially excited for all of the Church history that is there and that I will get to experience it.
I know that this gospel is true and that Jesus Christ is our Savior!







No comments:

Post a Comment